Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ovalle

Two weekends ago I had the great opportunity to stay in the city of Ovalle. Ovalle is where I made many strong friendships, and where I grew the most on my mission. I had been wanting to return ever since I left.


I stayed the weekend with the Vega IbaƱez family (Raul and Claudia) and their three daughters (Yanara, Paloma, and Anastasia). One morning I got up early and made them French toast, which was completely new to them. That same day we did a BBQ together and invited over others with whom I became good friends. We grilled up some chicken and chorizo (sausage) and made choripan (chorizo and bread) with pebre (onion, tomato, garlic, and cilantro).




The following day I saw many other friends at church, one in particular named Gerald. After church I had lunch with the Olivares family who always provides an outstanding meal. We had empanadas, salad, mashed potatoes and roast beef, fruit, and strawberry cake. We spent the whole afternoon laughing about past times and experiences.


Olivares Family

In the afternoon I went out "canuteando" with the Elders to visit two other converts of mine. They have since struggled with attending church regularly, but have their goals set and are working towards being better with hopes to go to the temple someday. I also visited another friend who started investigating the church when was first in Ovalle. The missionaries have contacted her again after three years and continue to teach her.


We watched the Joseph Smith movie at Karen Alfaro's house in Ovalle

2 comments:

  1. Luuccckkkyyy!! Dang, I miss those guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me incredibly jealous.

    ReplyDelete