Friday, May 4, 2012

Being Home

I'm back home in Chile! I arrived early yesterday morning and had the day yesterday to rest up and hang with some great people. I am staying with Cristián and Ximena Guajardo, and their three children Rodrigo (9), Rosio (5), and Teresa (3 months).

Yesterday I had time to roam around the area for a bit, which was unreal given it's been four years since I was here last. It was fun to recognize many of the same doors, shops, and smells I used to know well.  

I have also realized now how stinking rusty I really am when it comes to speaking Spanish. Business vocab and other daily conversation is very different from what missionaries speak and hear; and plus, Chileans speak faster that what is humanly possible for the rest of us. 

I really love being a Chilean. It's great to be able to eat "once" (not once, but like the number 11 in Spanish) again, which is like a little meal in the late evening, hear and remember all the funny sayings (mitsch!), and to be able to hug and give besitos. 


This is my first video. It's not much, but what the hay--the skies look really cool. Whoever is reading this, I think you're great. 


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Good luck with the Spanish- I'm sure it will come back soon enough (probably right about the time you have to leave)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're great too Ben!!! I am so going to enjoy your journey via your blog!!! Keep it coming!!! Have fun, be safe!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh i am so freaking jealous.

    ReplyDelete